Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Goalondo Chicken Curry(Boatmen style Chicken Curry)..:

A special chicken curry (gravy dish) made of fresh chicken and basic spices. Mixed with the memories of Rivers(& boatmen's) in Bangladesh.  The boatmen  would take time off to cook a meal for themselves in the middle of the river journey and gradually it  popular with the passengers too.  Passengers told steamer curry also..

Goalondo Chicken Curry(Boatmen style Chicken Curry)..I never even heard the name before. First time I saw it when some of my friends(Especially Laxmipriya)  had posted it in a cooking community. It was looking very tempting. Then I saw  it is a very simple and easy chicken recipe...

They mentioned very confidently this one is respected Purna Chowdhurydidi's(Lovely Ranna-bati Group) recipe..I try this dish...really this one is great...So I share this recipe with all of you.... thank u soo much to Purnadidi for this lovely recipe...hope u also enjoy with this one...:)

Recipe is hear:-

Ingredients :-

  • Chicken: 600-750 gram
  • Onions: 6-7 coarsely chopped
  • Garlic: coarsely chopped: 3 tbs
  • Ginger: coarsely chopped 3tbs
  • 1 tsp turmeric
  • Red chili's : 2/3 roughly chopped (no powder, please)
  • Green chili's :2/3 chopped(my addition)
  • Salt to taste
  • Mustard oil: 4 tbs(I used mustard & sunflower oil mix)
  • 6/7 whole black pepper (that's my addition)

Method :-

* At first Marinate the chicken with all of the above for about 30 minutes; 
*Put it in a pan/Karai..* Sauté for about five minutes, and then cook on low to medium heat, covered(At list 1hr.)...*No water, no souring agent..
*Now serve with Rice or Roti/chapati ..


Enjoy  With Your's Goalondo Chicken Curry(Boatmen style Chicken Curry)..!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment