Friday, March 7, 2014

"Nimki/Namakpare"......:)

Salty, Crunchy, "Nimki/Namakpare" is a very popular Indian snacks with tea or with out tea....!!!......For my home all time Favorite... These diamond/square  shaped savory crackers, Nimki have a lot of childhood memories attached to it. My Maa (mom) makes the best Nimki in our home. I remember her making  them in big batches during mainly festive season ( Holi, Durga puja, Diwali etc) and we, means me & my two younger brother  waiting around the kitchen for little bit tasting to this salty, crunchy.


In my house me & my Husband both are too much love this one. So regularly I prepare this snacks. Also when we arranged any snacks/tea party with friend's this one is very popular item.Here I share my Nimki recipe to all of you.Hope you also enjoy with this one....:)



Ingredients:

All purpose Flour/ Maida: 2 cups
white oil/ Ghee:  2-3 tsp
Nigella seeds (kalo jeere/Kalounji): 1/4 tsp
Ajwain/jowan: 1/4 tsp
salt: as per taste 
water to knead the dough
oil for deep frying 

Method:-

  1. At first take a big bowl and pour in the flour. Rub the Nigella , Ajwain seeds in your palm and add to the flour, along with the salt and oil/ghee. Mix everything together. Rub the oil/ghee into the flour mixture so that the flour looks all crumbled. This is very important for a flaky crunchy nimki. 
  2. Now add water very little at a time and knead to get a tight dough, knead it for further 3-4 minutes. Cover with a bowl or under plastic wrap and keep aside for 30 mins.
  3. Divided the dough into four to five equal parts and shape them into smooth balls.
  4.  Roll one dough ball at a time into thin chapati like discs. Using a knife or a pizza cutter cut thin strips of the dough and cut the strips diagonally to get diamond shaped pieces or square .
  5.  Fry them in medium hot oil till they are golden brown in color. Do the same with rest of the dough balls. Keep the rest covered when you are rolling one.
  6.  Cool them completely before storing.This keeps it fresh and crunchy for longer period of time.
EnjoyYour's Nimki/Namakpare....!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment